How do the most efficient people overcome challenges like procrastination, deferring the small tasks, overcoming tedious work that needs just to get done? How do they remain motivated and excited throughout the crazy holiday season? Also, keep focused on the essential projects?
Here are our top 3 thoughts from observing those freakishly productive people and how you can become insanely efficient in 2021.
They create ‘focus-time’ & reduce their distractions.
Working from home has created a whole new range of daily distractions. Productive and efficient people do these simple things to focus in on their work and reduce those distractions.
- They put away their phone for a specified time during the day.
- They know and spend a small amount of time managing and cleaning their email inbox. They turn emails into action items, low priority emails and remove old emails.
- They don’t check their social media all day – they schedule a few moments each day for posting updates or answering messages.
- They make a point to change your work environment to regain focus and to do deep work without distraction.
They are continually improving their workflow process.
Spending time streamlining your work and developing an efficient workflow will help you power up your productivity. Here’s how to do it.
- The first step towards improving workflow is to list every process and then do a thorough analysis.
- Then it’s time to look for opportunities to improve
- Keep your approach simple, break it down into discrete steps and aim simply towards the desired outcome.
- Take a good look at the list of processes you have and rate each function on the scale of 1 to 10.
- Layout every step included in the process that you are following to get work done effectively.
- Use a workflow software solution- These tools and apps offer advanced features and capabilities that make the complex business process more accessible than ever.
They have an organised daily routine.
It’s common knowledge that the secret to success is a killer daily routine. So why have one? Think about how much time and energy you waste when you are thinking, questioning and trying to work out what lies ahead for each day, querying which task or activity to conquer first. Creating an efficient routine from the moment you get up to the moment you go back to bed will mean you wake up and start acting rather than procrastinating.
While everyone’s routine will be different, some key things to factor in to keep your productivity and happiness levels high is to make sure you include exercise into your mornings. To eat healthy throughout the day, take short breaks frequently, learn to stand up from your desk and stretch and prioritise human interaction and connection.
Thanks to daily habits and self-discipline, you can see when things get out of your hand, allowing you to rearrange your schedule and adjust to possible changes. A killer routine will help to keep you focused and productive.