4 Ways To Stay Sane As Business Leader.
Leaders should remember to take time off, set clear boundaries and make life outside of the workplace a priority – even when starting.
Mental health issues have a significant impact on Australian businesses.
• The average time off work for mental injury is 15 weeks.
• The typical compensation payment per claim for mental injury is $24,500.
• The ultimate cost to the economy for reduced productivity for employees with ill health is $9.9 billion.
• 96 per cent of employees believe mental health conditions impact their productivity and engagement.
Here are some great techniques to keep you on the path as a Start-up founder.
Check-in with yourself.
At any given moment when starting and growing a business, you need to take time to check in with yourself – bring your attention to what you’re thinking and feeling right, without judging it. Once you reflect and check in, you can now make a more informed choice based on your self-reflection.
Create an effective daily schedule.
- Start your day with your most important work
- Map out your perfect daily schedule according to your personal “productivity curve.”
- Use “time blocking” to switch from being reactive to in control of your time
- Set your availability to the minimum you can (10–15 minutes)
- Follow your flow (of both tasks and energy)
Hire people that are smarter than you.
Hiring people who are smarter than you is an art form and a task that takes practice. However, your business will grow faster if you have intelligent, skilled people in every sphere. Not only will your business benefit having a team of people you trust will ultimately allow you to focus on growing, increasing your productivity exponentially, and creating a balance in your work and life.
Structure your goals:
Great goals go beyond SMART (specific, measurable, attainable, relevant to your interests, and time-bound). They have particular breakthroughs that help provide progress – which hopefully will give you the space to breathe if you start with well-defined purposes that will allow you to realise and celebrate success.