Generative artificial intelligence (AI) can potentially change the global economy significantly. In an interview with Clara Shih, the CEO of Salesforce AI, she shares her key insights on how businesses can navigate the AI landscape and lead their organizations into an AI-driven future. The interview highlights the importance of ethical implementation, deriving business value from AI, and embracing long-term transformation. It also explores the role of high-quality data and Salesforce’s unique approach to generative AI.
Here are our key takeaways from the chat:
- Generative AI has the potential to drive global economic growth, and companies need to prepare for it.
- Companies should focus on three areas: ethical implementation, business value through AI, and long-term transformation.
- Ethical implementation involves delivering responsible, safe AI and addressing data security concerns.
- Business value through AI means using AI to solve operational challenges, improve efficiency, and enhance customer experiences.
- Long-term transformation involves exploring how AI can augment employee capabilities and drive advancements and innovations.
- Managing high-quality data is crucial for successful generative AI implementation.
- High-quality data, an open ecosystem, and ethical guidelines characterize Salesforce’s approach to generative AI.
- Companies should align AI strategies with business objectives, prioritize data management, and deliver value, transformation, and ethical practices.
To learn more about AI and Salesforce, contact Out in the Clouds.