6 Simple Tips for Creating an Amazing Blog for Your Business
f you think that creating a great blog is simple, you’re mistaken. Think about how many times you start and stop reading content online. The below advice is fundamental to creating an engaging and successful blog while serving to improve your reader’s experience, build a faithful audience, and establish your brand in the content world.
You need to have a great idea
Like every piece of writing, all words need to start with an idea. In an on-line world overcrowded with content coming up with a great idea can be daunting! So, a great place to start is to look into what your audience likes to read, look for content similar to what your thinking of writing and find the gaps, find what engages you as a reader and start there.
Your intention should be to educate and entertain your reader. If your posts are useful and informative, you will have a steady stream of repeat traffic.
Create a catchy headline for your blog
- Use numbers in your title to give concrete takeaways e.g. Two must use tips to writing a successful blog post.
- Use impassioned words to describe your reader’s problem e.g. Are you striving to write the perfect content piece? Here are our handy hints.
- Explain what the reader will get out of the article e.g. Master content writing with our handy tips.
- Use what, why, how, or when e.g. How to create the perfect blog post.
- Make a bold commitment e.g. Increase your Instagram following with these must use tips on writing a successful blog post.
Make your introduction engaging
Your first paragraph is the most read section of any your write. This paragraph should be brief, catchy and offer a snippet of what’s to come. It’s best to stick with a 5 sentence rule when it comes to your introduction.
Our trick to writing a great introduction here at OITC is to use a question addressing the reader’s problem. Then you can explain how reading your blog post can help them fix that problem.
Don’t neglect the style and tone of your introduction. Both these elements can compose a big difference to someone who keeps on reading to that person going elsewhere.
Don’t forget to format your work
So now that you have your great idea and perhaps have drafted an outline or the entire blog post, your next step is to flesh out the format.
- Use subheadings – bold or underline them
- Use the right images – at a minimum – one piece of visual content.
- Use lists ( just like this one)
- Use Short paragraphs
Give the reader tangible solutions or takeaways
Now that you have hooked your readers’ attention with an eye-catching, have nailed your interesting lead paragraph, and have led them through compelling points with the ultimate formatting, now you need to wrap it up. PLEASE Don’t be vague. Give them something to take away; always look at your content from the point of view of your intended audience.
Now to the nitty-gritty….arguably the most important – because you want your content to make a difference to your brands’ success.
- Your readers and potential media contacts must be able to get in touch with you. Make sure there is an easy way to contact you.
- Your blog content must respond to several screen sizes and devices.
- Each blog post must have Social sharing buttons.
- On top of sharing your content, you also want readers to follow you on social media. You want your readers to continue to engage with your content.
- Your readers need a way to interact with your blog content. Add a comment section.
- Your blog must have categories. Categories help organize your blog content.