The City of Melbourne is helping you digitise your business during this Pandemic
As part of their economic support package for businesses and non-profit organisations in the Melbourne CBD, The City Of Melbourne are offering $5 million in grants for local businesses to invest in their online and e-commerce capabilities, take part in training and professional development and undertake capital works.
To be eligible all you need to be is
- Located within the City of Melbourne municipality
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- be a small to medium-sized business (employ fewer than 50 full-time equivalent employees at the time of application, or up to 75 staff for hospitality and tourism sectors)
- be a small to a medium-sized non-profit organisation (employ fewer than 50 full-time equivalent employees at the time of application)
- able to demonstrate how the grant will help support your business or non-profit organisation in response to the impact of COVID-19.
- Sole Traders are also eligible.
The Grants look like this…
• Up to $5000 for investing in online and e-commerce activities
• Up to $2000 for training and professional development
• Up to $10,000 for capital works projects (matching dollar-for-dollar) to adapt to changing conditions.
And the good news is, the application process is reasonably simple. All you need is your current business information, such as; ABN, ACN, employee numbers, location, contact details and a few other basic details.
Then you will be asked to write down how the current COVID-19 pandemic is affecting your business, and how you would spend the grant, a hint; they want specific spend and outlines and they do want local businesses to be working with other local businesses during this crisis, so reach out to your local Digital Solutions company or feel free to contact us at OITC.
The Grants could be used to undertake online learning and webinars, purchase hardware and software, develop websites and e-commerce, or boost digital marketing.
The COVID-19 pandemic is unquestionably testing all of us, including us here at OITC. These sorts of incredible grants will make a huge difference to your business’s sustainability during this crisis.
Why does your business need to be online right now?
- Everyone is currently in lockdown, so one of the best ways to communicate with your clients and audience is on-line.
- This is the perfect time to increase your brand’s presence online.
- Prevent any further losses by using online marketing, such as Facebook Ads.
- There is only one way to shop now if your business is no longer considered essential. Take your product or service online and set up an e-commerce platform now.
- Investing time in your social media platforms could help to build an audience or partnerships you may never have found otherwise.